Wednesday 6 November 2013

Pitch Questions and Audience Feedback

When reading an article would you prefer the page to be set out as a question and answer style format or for the questions to be implied?

Which name do you think is best for my magazine and why? 

Do you agree that I should use an informal and chatty mode of address? If so why? If not why not?

When reading a pop magazine what types of articles do you expect to read? content, images etc

Do you think that there is a gap in the market for another pop magazine? Do you thin it will be too similar to other publications on the market today? Why? 





Summary of audience feedback:
I chose 3 teenage girls to review my pitch and answer my pitch questions as they fit within the target audience for my magazine. From my audience feedback I have found out that a question and answer style format is preferred by the majority, as it is easier to read and is a more conventional article type. Next, I found out that out of all of the possible magazine names, the most popular and favoured one was 'In The Mix' as it sounds cool, young and fresh. Informal and chatty language was agreed to be used as it relates more to my target audience and they will be able to understand it considerably more. I have also found out that the types of articles the target audience wants to see is interviews with artists, reviews of the latests cds and new music. Although there are many other pop culture publications on the market today from my audience feedback I have found out that I will need to make my magazine stand out from the rest, perhaps by adding exclusive interviews with artists that other magazines don't offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment